Welcome to the Geological Society of Namibia Web Site
The aims of the Society are:
- To promote the study of geosciences in Namibia.
- To do all things conducive to the advancement of geological science.
The Geological Society of Namibia Presents:
A Workshop on:
Mineral Spectroscopy for Geological Mapping and Mineral Exploration
Dr Carsten Laukamp (Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO)- Australia) and Kombada Mhopjeni (Geological Survey of Namibia)
Roy Miller Symposium and SEG Copper Course
18-20 August 2014
A Talk by: ANTONY CHATU
Title : “SEISMIC MODELLING OF MICROBIAL CARBONATE SYSTEMS FROM THE NEOPROTEROZOIC OF ZEBRA RIVER, NAMIBIA”
Date : Friday, 26 September 2014
Venue : Auditorium of the Geological Survey of Namibia
Time : 17:30
A Talk by: GREGORY SYMONS
Title : “NATURAL SOURCE AUDIO MAGNETO-TELLURICS (NSAMT):
CASE STUDIES OVER VARIOUS STRUCTURAL AND MINERALIZED TARGETS”
Date : Friday, 31 October 2014
Venue : Auditorium of the the Geological Survey of Namibia
Time : 17:30
- Last Friday of the Month, every last Friday of the month at Kaiserkrone Gourmet Restaurant and Beergarden, Windhoek.
- Membership (Membership Application Form)
- The 3 Volume Geology of Namibia by Dr. Roy Miller, a comprehensive completion of Namibia’s diverse geology ranging from Archean basement in the north to the Cenozoic deposits of the Namib and Kalahari deserts, is available through the Geological Survey of Namibia.